Payment & Cancellation Policy
Accepted Currency – Methods of payments – Transactions security.
At TravelCrete.tours the 3 following payment methods are available to pay online:
- Credit, debit and prepaid cards (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Diners, Discover) *
- Using the Masterpass electronic wallet.
The currency accepted for all transactions is euro (€).
* All card payments are processed through Alpha Bank’s Alpha e-Commerce electronic payment platform and uses TLS 1.2 encryption with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protocol. Encryption is a way to encode the information until it reaches its intended recipient, which will be able to decode it using the appropriate key.
Cancellations and Refund policies- Penalty changes
Provision has been made for the possibility of cancelling an agreed product or service.
- More than 4 days prior to the scheduled tour: Full refund, excluding 15% for administrative and credit card fees
- 4 days prior to the scheduled tour: No refund
- No show or delay of arrival: No refund
Refunds will be returned within 30 days of the cancellation date. A fee of 15% will be withheld for administrative and credit card fees. If the tour is cancelled by TravelCrete.tours, no commission is kept.
In case that TravelCrete.tours acts as an intermediate to a service provided by a third party (supplier) to the customers – the terms and conditions regarding cancellation of the respective third part apply.
Message from Independent Authority for Public Revenue in Greece (similar to IRS)
Welcome to Greece!
This message aims to inform you about your consumer rights in our country. Under Greek law, all hotels, restaurants, bars, cafés, and car rentals and, in general, almost all suppliers of goods and services (with a few exceptions, such as taxi drivers and kiosks) are obliged to accept debit, credit or prepaid cards.
Therefore, you do not need to pay in cash. You can ask to pay by card.
Furthermore, all suppliers of goods and services are obliged to issue receipts to their customers. Consumer is not obliged to pay, in cash or by card, if he/she is not provided with a valid payment receipt (“apódixi”).
Restaurants, bars, cafés, stores, mini markets and in general, almost all suppliers of goods are obliged to have electronic cash registers and are not allowed to issue receipts that are handwritten or printed in regular paper.
For those exempt from the obligation to have an electronic cash register (namely certain suppliers of services, such as hotels, clinics, doctors, lawyers etc.), receipts, which in most cases are printed, must contain the name, address and the 9digit tax identification number (ΑΦΜ) of the supplier.
So in all cases, before you pay you have the right to ask for a receipt and you are not obliged to pay if you don’t get one. It’s so simple to say in Greek: “Apódixi please”!
One more thing. By using your card for your payments and asking for a receipt, you help the Greek Tax Administration collect taxes that are already included in the price you pay. Practically, you contribute to Greece’s financial recovery and offer us the opportunity to provide you with even better services next time you come to our country.
Enjoy your stay!